Thursday, July 10, 2008

Sad and depressing.. and a reality.

I hate it.. I really, really hate it. I hate that there are millions of homeless animals in the world, many who will never know what love feels like. Due to the many contacts that I made when I was trying to help save Maggie, I have been added to countless e-mails lists. I now get several e-mails a day about homeless animals who need help. Unfortunately, I live in an apartment. I have Cooper and Bailey already. If I lived in a house, I would take in many more. But I know that no matter what, I can not help them all. There is a potential that we could do a foster situation (like I was going to do for Maggie), but I would honestly like it to be for one that no one else wants. One that has special needs and needs a little TLC. One that wouldn't make it unless someone stepped up to help them out and work towards finding them a forever home.
I just wish that there was more I could do. I am sad that Maggie's situation didn't end better, but I am so happy that her story has opened people's eyes and is helping other dogs in need..

No comments: