Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Little changes

I'm trying to figure out how to design this blog to make it more interesting.. I've added a picture at the top and hope to learn how to put pictures in my post. When I have a little extra time, I'm going to sit down and attempt to figure it all out.

Well, we're working on getting our money situation all worked out to make our appointment with the RE. We should have a better idea in the next week or so as to when we can make an appointment. The problem is that we have been told the initial consulatation can cost between $700-$2,000, depending on what tests the RE wants to perform that day. Unfortunately, there is no way to guage or estimate the cost until we sit down and meet with the Doctor. Other disappointing and stressing news is that every penny of that must be paid as you are walking out the door. You cannot set up a payment play, put x amount down, etc. So, we have to be prepared to pay up to $2,000 that day. But, we won't know how much the procedure is going to cost us before we have our consultation to see what they suggest. I've been told it will be an IUI, but how much monitoring and meds that will be involved will determine the cost. So, we won't know until we at least have our consultation.

In other news, Emma (our parrot) is going to the vet this weekend.. She's just getting her wings clipped, which we feel will help with her behavior because she can then get out of her cage and I feel we will have a better control of her behavior. She is still biting and lunging at us, but I'm hoping as time continues to progress, she will as well. She has begun eating food that we feed her through the cage, but we have to be cautious so that she doesn't snatch our fingers as well. It will be interesting at our house Saturday because we have to get her into the carrier to get her to the vet. I've already called to warn them that they will have a biter on their hands!

I have also volunteered for the Husband and I to do our first transport! There are a group of dogs that they are trying to coordinate rides for to their foster/forever homes and are coming thru Nashville! I've sent an e-mail to the transport coordinator and if they can fill the rest of the legs, we should be good to go.. I'm just waiting to hear back.. It's only an hour leg (from Nashville to Bowling Green, KY).

No comments: