Wednesday, May 6, 2009

BFP, BFP, BFP!!!!

Alrighty, time to make an official announcement...


We are going to have a baby!!!


I was out and about yesterday.. went and visited my old coworkers, decided to go shopping for a graduation outfit (which is on Tuesday, by the way!), go by the tanning bed (and buy a whole new package of minutes!), and then figured I'd run into Publix and buy a pack of pregnancy tests since I was "technically" late, but with me, you never know.. I just needed to rule it out and know for sure that it was a negative.. like it has been for all these many, many, many months..




So, I get home, and Christian is mowing the lawn. I go in to try on my new outfits, but figured I'd pee on the freakin' stick to get it over with.. I pee on it, lift my arm up to set it on the counter to process and tell me that I was in fact, not pregnant (which I already knew) and I didn't even get the thing on the counter before it popped up postitive! The pregnancy line was way darker than the control line! I couldn't believe it.. I struggled to pull my pants up and find my flip flops as I stood in the bathroom, screaming, as the boys looked at me like I was crazy. I ran outside and stood on the porch, waving my hands like a mad woman (with the pee stick in my hand!), trying to get Christian's attention. He finally looked over and saw that my face was red and that I was crything and later told me that he thought something happened to one of the boys.. I ran over to the lawn mower, as he's yelling for me to be careful, so I don't get my toes chopped off.. I yell at him that we are pregnant and going to have a baby!! He sits there in shock, as he fumbles to turn the lawn mower off and I'm shoving the pee stick towards him. His first reaction was "No way, go pee on another one!" To which I replied that I was out of urine and this was definitely a positive test.. He came inside and after a minute, we immediately starting calling people. I laugh because I had always said that when this happened, we would be cautious and wait until I was out of the first trimester.. yeah, that idea didn't last long.



Christian had to go finish mowing the lawn before it turned dark, so I started googling my potential due date and calling more of my friends.. When he came back in, he decided to run to McDonald's and made sure to get me a large sweet tea so that I could produce more urine for that second test... which of course popped up positive within 3 seconds.



I barely slept at all last night.. I couldn't stop thinking about it!



This morning, I went to my RE and they did an ultrasound.. we saw the little sac, but it is still trying to be determined if I am 5 or 6 weeks along. According to my last cycle date, I should be about 6 weeks, but the ultrasound looked to be about 5 weeks. If that's the case, then I just ovulated later than what they suspect, which I think is the case.



So.. I get blood results tomorrow and go back next week for another ultrasound and repeat of today to check progress. Thankfully, I will be going to my OBGYN's office, starting next week, which will save quite a bit of money because we are covered by insurance there.



This all still seems so surreal.. I feel like it's just a dream. :)

2 comments:

Jessica White said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! Congratulations! I'm so happy for you guys!

A Baby Peach said...

Yay! I have been looking out for this post ;) I know you've read my very first post on my blog, but it's so much like yours it is scary! I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy for you and I just knew Steve could help!!! Can't wait to hear about all your progress!
Who would have thought...same florist at our weddings and same acupuncturist making our bodies finally work - and we don't even "know" each other!