Monday, August 4, 2008

Clomid vs. Injectibles

Thankfully, I now have a greater understanding of Clomid and injectibles. I did not fully understand this before: Clomid works with the brain, whereas injectibles work directly with your ovaries. Therefore, my argument of not knowing if injectibiles will work, based on the fact that Provera didn't work for me is invalid. Provera, like Clomid works with the brain too..

So, after much thought and discussion, I think we are going to plan on trying our first cycle with the RE with injectibles. Of course, I have to get the results from my MRI today, but I don't think that I have a tumor on my pituitary gland. (which could be the reason for my hormones not being released, etc.)

Either way, it looks as if our first medicated cycle won't be until October. Christian must have his second SA at the end of September/beginning of October. I am scared and excited.. I am now looking forward to getting this MRI over with, scheduling the appointment with the RE to go over to results and discuss the next steps in starting injectibles and doing the IUI.

Please keep me in your thoughts as this is my last week of my summer class. I really need to finish strong and do well on my final. Once I am done with this and get my final grade, it will lift a lot of stress from me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My name is Holly Lem and i would like to show you my personal experience with Clomid.

I am 28 years old. I got preg first time on my own & miscarried. after a while of trying, my dr put me on clomid. after the first round i got pregnant & miscarried. i decided not to try or think about it at all probably for a 9 months... right around the time baby would be due & then started trying again. after a few months got back on clomid. after 5 months and no pregnancy i'm giving it a rest again. it's to much disappointment. i'm going to give it a try again soon, in the mean time we're keeping our fingers crossed for the old fashioned way to work.

I have experienced some of these side effects-
HOT FLASHES, moody, cry easily, weight gain, headaches etc!!

I hope this information will be useful to others,
Holly Lem