Friday, May 16, 2008

It's Friday.. Thank God.

This week has gone by relatively fast, but I am still thankful that it's Friday. We've got plenty of plans this weekend. I'm taking my sister to church this evening, my brother's staying the night with us, we're taking him to his drum lessons in the morning, we're going to the community picnic, and meeting friends for fireworks in the evening. Then Sunday, my brother has two soccer games and we're going out to eat for his birthday, which was earlier this week. Busy weekend.
The mother in law sent me a message this morning-- thanking me for her pajamas that were given to her for Mother's Day. I thought about 1) ignoring the comment or 2) writing back a smart ass remark that they were not from me-- they were from her darling son and him alone. But I took the high road (yet again-- I'm up a zillion to none) and reponded with a short "You're welcome." That women grates of my ever loving nerves. I know why she's trying to have contact with me after 10 months.. her daugter (which would be my wonderful sister in law) is on the verge of getting engaged. And I'm sure that mother in law thinks that if she begins talking to me now, that everything will be perfict for her darling baby's wedding. Fat chance lady. It'll be a miracle if I even go. And if I do, I will not be speaking to you. Can't you tell I love my Husband's family? Ha.
On to an update on Maggie, my gas station dog.. I stopped by this morning to visit, but she hadn't decided to grace us with her presence yet. I spoke with the gas station lady, who has now been idetified as Sandy. She is so overwhelmingly happy and appreciative that I am trying to help Maggie out. Sandy has been feeding her for some time now and would love for her to have a home. This wouldn't be as much of a problem if it weren't for the fact that Maggie is so scared of people that it's going to be hard to catch her. I dropped off two bags of dog food, along with bowls, and a note with my phone number, in case Sandy needs me for anything before I go visit them again.
I've got people who have offered to transport to a home once one is found, but the problem is first finding her a foster and getting her vetting done. The Husband is probably going to kill me, but at this point, if a few weeks or so goes by, we may have to foster her. I can't leave her out on the street, knowing that she needs help. But I do promise you this-- I'm not doing this again. Not until I have a big ass house, with plenty of space for a dog to be fostered. Trust me, I really do not feel like fostering right now, but at the same time, I can't leave her out there.. How can I not help when I know there is a need for it? Some may feel this is a good attribute to have, but at this point it almost feels like a flaw in my character.. I know that there is a need, so I feel that I need to help resolve it.

Can my life ever be simple?

No comments: