Saturday, November 29, 2008

Doesn't this sound lovely?

I was doing a little research on the type of tumor that I have and ran across this discription on a site: "The pituitary gland is located in the middle of your head , below your brain and behind your eyes. She underwent surgery and the tumor was removed. The miraculous technique involved going up her nose and punching a hole into her brain cavity. The tumor was them sucked out."

Sounds fantastc, huh? While yes, I understand that there are worst procedures to have done than this, the thought that this may be a possibility for me makes me sick. I go for another MRI in about two weeks. And I really, really, really hope that for once in this entire TTC journey, something goes right for us. This tumor has got to shrink! After all, the medication has not been a walk in the park. For example, my little brother was staying the night last night (he's 15). I changed into pajamas and took my make-up off. I had made a comment earlier about how the medication has made my face break out a lot since being on it. When he saw me, he commented on it (not in a mean way or anything).. He then knew I was getting ready to take my medication and wanted to see it. He said, "Mom says it makes you feel like you have morning sickness all the time. What is morning sickness?" So, I explained it to him and said I basically feel like I have the flu from the time it gets into my system (about an hour after taking it) until about 10-11am the next morning. I've thrown up a few times as well. I'm not sure why the effects last as long as they do, but I can tell you I am ready for them to go away.

Morning sickness? Ahhh, Bring it on! I've dealt with this for three months straight.. At least there would be a positive outcome/reason for morning sickness!

No comments: