Monday, April 7, 2008

Is this what it's like to have kids?

Yesterday was a day of cleaning, laundry, and relaxing.. I had just pulled out the freshly dried sheets and comforter from the dryer and put them on the bed. We then went to bed.. I wasn't sleeping too good.. My allergies were bothering me, due to a day of gardening and hours outside, so I had running eyes, an even runnier nose, and a massive headache.
While drifting in and out of sleep, I was completely awaken by the sounds of heaving and gagging. Both of our dogs sleep with us and the bigger one had gotten sick. I quickly sat up to see if he was ok, at which time, he vomited not once, but twice all over the bed.. Need I mention, the freshly cleaned blanket. This wasn't just the typical spitty dog vomit.. It was nasty!
I quickly woke my Husband up and we stripped the bed and got a new blanket.. I then had to coax our dog back onto the bed to let him know that it was ok and that he wasn't in trouble.
Needless to say, I didn't sleep too well after that.. I woke up this morning with an even bigger headache and went into the living room to find that our other dog had thrown up as well.. Guess neither of them were feeling well.. Although I can't think of anything out of the ordinary that they ate yesterday. I then had to sit through an hour of class and then come into work.
Thankfully, it's pretty slow at work today.. But my boss has given me the task of planning a baby shower for a coworker. Needless to say, this isn't exactly what I'd like to be doing, since I don't want to be around babies or "baby" things.. Oh well.. I'll just suck it up and do it. My boss struggles with infertility and cannot have children at all, so I know it's hard for her as well to have to be involved in these activites as well. At least I've still got a chance at becoming pregnant.. Which I hope happen sooner, rather than later..
This is the first month that I will be tracking ovulation. This is our next step in the treatment process.. My doctor wants me to monitor and see if I can ovulate on my own over these next few months.. Let's hope that I do and that a pregnancy results! :)

No comments: