Monday, June 16, 2008

Today sucks.

My new parrot, Emma, bit the hell out of my on Friday, so I have nice puncture wounds on my hand and finger.. She then proceeded to scream quite a bit this weekend and lunge at me through the cage when I walked by..
Then.. I notice that a $160 deposit in cash that we made to the bank on Friday afternoon has not posted. Come to find out-- they can't find it. Yep, you read that right.. The bank cannot find the $160 cash deposit that was made. Even though I have a receipt. I've talked to five different people and faxed over a copy of the receipt this morning. I'm giving them another hour and will call them again.. and continue until I get my money put into the account. Their response, "Oh, well, if it causes anything to bounce, we will refund the ofterdraft fees..." That's not the point here! I shouldn't be waiting on my money to be found and correctly put into my account.
Then, when I came into work this morning, I realized that I had left my leftovers from lunch on Friday at my desk. Carrots, Broccoli, and Cauliflower with rice. So, it naturally caused an odor. My fault. I'm sorry. I made a mistake. I just forgot to grab it as I walked out the door on Friday. So all morning long, that's all anyone is talking about.. how I stunk the place up.. how much it stinks. Lysol has been sprayed and candles are lit. It's really not that bad. Can we move on now?
Lastly, I just got off the phone with a difficult customer. He is claiming to have not received e-mails that I sent him about an issue.. Even went on to say that I may have e-mailed him, but.. I don't like being told that I didn't do something, when I know I did. So, I not so nicely, told him that I would forward him the e-mails that have already been sent to him, along with another one.. He claims to never have gotten them. Then how did I get a return receipt each time he read them? Hmmm.. And I'm the dumb one.
As you can tell.. I'm in a terrible mood. I don't want to talk to anyone. I don't want anyone talking to me. Can I just go home? ..But then I'd have to deal with Emma. It's a lose, lose situation today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I found your blog through the nest...

I'm wondering if your conure is just going through an adjustment period? Is he a baby? If not, you could be dealing with problems "inherited" from his previous owner.

What kind of conure did you get? They can be sweet birds, my grandparents have a Sun.

I've had my Moluccan Cockatoo for 6 of his 12 years and he had a pretty crappy first 6 years. It took a good 3-4 years before he started to trust that we weren't going to neglect and abuse him like his previous homes did. He still screams a ton, but it's nowhere near as much as it was.

If you're willing to invest time and energy (and maybe a lot!), you can probably work through a lot of these issues. And he could be an awesome addition to your family. Maybe give him a few days to get used to your household before switching his cages (if you haven't already done so?).

As far as the biting goes, I'm sure he's trying to establish dominance and test his boundaries. Try not to show any fear towards him. I know that it's not always easy, but it pays off in the end because the bird will know that you're the boss.

There are a lot of great Yahoo Groups out there dedicated to birds. I'm not as familiar with the conure ones but you might want to consider checking them out. They were my saving grace when we first got Mango and I was at a loss as to how to handle him and his behavior and biting issues. It's great to have a group of people that are all bird owners to ask for advice :)

Sorry for being so "wordy"...I'm fairly passionate about birds :)
Hopefully everything works out and things start to get better!